Contour Agreement with Cerevo for Live-Streaming with “LiveShell”
Contour has announced a new partnership with Japan based Cerevo, Inc. to sell their live-streaming device, “LiveShell” to the US market. LiveShell is a complimentary device to the Contour+ Camera enabling owners to broadcast their experience live to the web via wireless or wired networks. Contour+ along with Cerevo LiveShell offers the only hands-free video solution that an broadcast live to the web!
A simple HDMI cable connects the Contour+ to LiveShell to bring real-time video broadcasting straight from the camera to the Ustream website. Collaboration among these three innovative companies delivers high-quality, live-broadcast video for the first time in the hands-free video market, letting adventurers share point-of-view footage as it’s captured. In addition to automatic sharing via Ustream, people can manually configure the Contour+ & LiveShell combo to broadcast live on other video platforms.
What is the resolution of the broadcasted video?
- Max resolution is 4CIF format, which is 704x528 lines of resolution (standard video). Lower resolutions are also available.
Where can I broadcast my Contour+ video?
- Customers can broadcast their Contour+ footage live to USTREAM.com.
- The Liveshell is the 1st “USTREAM Compatible” device in the world.
- Simply create a USTREAM account and configure the Liveshell to broadcast to that account.
How does Liveshell connect to the internet?
How is this different or better than the competition?
- No competitors in the PoV camera space offer a solution that allows broadcasting live to the web.
- Current HDMI-to-Wi-Fi encoders are complex, difficult to setup and cost thousands of dollars.
Where can I get more information about Cerevo and Liveshell?
- At Cerevo’s website: http://shell.cerevo.com