Contour Connect Upgrades Announced at CES 2012
Contour is leading the way on using your mobile phone to control your hands-free video camera with a new feature that allows users to start and stop recording on their Contour+ and ContourGPS using their mobile phone from up to 10 meters away.
Combined with the existing Contour Connect mobile App for iOS and Android, the combined solution will allow you to preview your shot, adjust settings, and start/stop recording all wirelessly via BlueTooth. Additionally, with the Contour+ connected to a monitor via HDMI, your smartphone will become a remote to start/stop playback right on the display screen.
Contour will be launching on Android first followed by other mobile operating systems. The App is slated for availability in April 2012.
How does it work?
ContourGPS and Contour+ use a connect view card (sold separately for the ContourGPS camera) that enable the camera to connect to your mobile phone.
- The user needs to download the free Contour Connect Mobile App. Visit help.contour.com for full directions.
- User turns on the BT on their camera and opens the mobile app. The default view is to see what the camera sees.
- User can press the record button and the camera will begin recording. To stop recording the user has to press the same button in the app.
- While in record mode the user can not change the settings or use any other features of the app
What Can I do with the Contour Connect app?
- Preview what your camera sees so you can align the shot
- Change the camera settings in real-time including video/photo modes, audio, lighting, and GPS
- See the memory card and battery status on your camera while in preview mode
- See the status of your GPS signal while in preview mode
- Start/stop recording of your Contour camera through the app
- Control HDMI playback for the Contour+