GoPro HD HERO2 Camera Review
We got our hands on one of the first GoPro HD HERO2 s. The camera almost looks exactly the same on the outside as earlier GoPro HD HEROs but there are major differences inside the case. There are numerous exciting new features including HDMI out and mic input. In fact other than the enclosure the HD HERO2 is almost like a completely new camera.
Here are the big improvements in the HD HERO2.
- new English language based LCD readout, no more hard to understand codes
- red LED recording “on” lights on all sides of the camera so you always know when camera is recording
- 11 megapixel still images
- improved faster image sensor
- faster f 2.4 lens to match sensor
- 10 frames per second still photo mode
- 120 to 30fps
- HDMI out
- mini jack mic input
- Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
Since the HD HERO 2 is the same size as earlier HD HEROs they fit all previous cases, mounts and accessories. In late winter GoPro will introduce two new BacPac’s that will give the HD HERO2 some astonishing new features. The Wifi BacPac will allow wireless camera control, preview and playback via your smartphone with the GoPro App. You will also be able to live stream video and photos to the web via wifi.
The Wifi Remote BacPac will allow long range remote control of up to 50 other GoPro cameras for extraordinary Matrix like “bullet time” videos using multi camera arrays.