GoPro Settings Menu Overview - One Button Mode
Mark Zealand gives a quick tutorial on the One Button Mode for your GoPro HD HERO. Turning this mode ‘ON’ forces the camera to automatically begin recording video or photos once the camera is turned on, depending on which default power up mode the camera is set to.
The shutter button is disabled in One Button Mode and will not start or stop the recording while the camera is on. One Button Mode is convenient when you only want to shoot one type of video or photos and prefer to simplify operation of the camera to be either on and recording or off with only the power button being used to operate the camera. This is a great Simple Mode for loaning the camera to friends not as experienced as you!
At any rate, watch as Mark breaks it down for you in style, as always!
To turn “One Button Mode” ‘ON’:
- Press the SHUTTER button to toggle between SET MENU choices and stop when onO (One Button Mode On) is showing on the screen.
- Press the POWER/MODE button to save whichever setting is showing on the screen and continue to the next feature option.
- Turn your camera off and then on again and the camera will begin recording in whatever the default power on setting and resolution is set to.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to stop recording and turn the camera off.
To turn “One Button Mode” ‘OFF’:
- Turn the camera on.
- While the camera is on (and recording), press and hold the shutter button for 3 seconds. Let go.
- The camera’s SET menu will appear.
- Press the shutter button to enter the SET menu.
- When onO (One Button Mode On) appears, press the shutter button to toggle the setting to onF (One Button Mode Off).
- Turn the camera off.
- When you turn the camera on again the One Button Mode feature will be turned off.