Drift HD Firmware Upgrade
Firmware Version: 1.1.53 (07/17/12)
- Automatic exposure compensation ins now smoother and faster
- External microphone is now enabled
- Issues with playback on Mac's has been solved
- Bug with 720p/50fps where camera froze and required master reset is now fixed
- 1.1.42 (05/24/12), improved image quality in low light conditions and 60fps
- 1.1.38 (05/15/12), improved image quality and bitrate.
- 1.1.32 (03/05/12), changed mode names “Indoor –> Low Light, and Outdoor –> Sun”. Fixed date/time stamp on video. Corrected video setting after taking photo, optimized settings.
- 1.1.28 (02/03/12), adds 1 min option on time lapse photo. Ignore LCD off timer during playback. Improved audio sync. No beep sound when speaker is set to mute. More smooth AE changes under 720p 50/60 fps.
- 1.1.24 (12/16/11), prevents LCD from changing color and brightness when camera is warm during start up, correct Exif data, increase exposure sensitivity at 60 fps.
- 1.1.20 (12/01/11), fixes bug causing locked up, shutter sound after image scan. New AE algorithm.
- 1.1.15 (11/14/11), improved battery low detection. Add Outdoor mode for video.
- 1.1.11 (10/25/11), corrects problems when camera had empty card; corrects microphone issues; corrects white noise from background.
- 1.1.8 (10/18/11), matches zoom window on LCD under photo mode.
- 1.1.7 (10/15/11), first production release for new hardware.
NOTE: This firmware upgrade is NOT for the X170 or HD170 models. The firmware upgrade is for the Drift HD Camera only.
Drift HD Firmware Upgrade Instructions
Follow These Instructions Carefully: Before you begin to upgrade your firmware please understand that if the process is interrupted the firmware on the camera may be corrupted and the camera has to be returned to the factory for repair. If you have any questions or need additional support please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Download the firmware to the desktop.
- Copy the downloaded file to the root of an empty and formatted microSD card. Do not rename the file.
- Insert the microSD card into the camera and power on the camera. Ensure your battery is fully charged so the upgrade doesn’t fail half way.
- Select the version number item in the Setup menu (last item) and confirm.
- Cursor to the check mark and select to confirm.
- The LED on camera will show “Wait for FW update” during the process. Once complete camera will turn off.
- Turn the camera back on and verify that the firmware version has been updated.
- Reformat your microSD card again within the camera Tools Settings.