GoPro Digital HERO Wide
170 Degree, 5 megapixel wearable camera for all sports. Convenient, versatile design simplifies capturing on the fly videos and photos during your favorite activity.
- Waterproof digital camera with a convenient stick-on baseplate and FCS compatible plug mounting system. Additional expansion mounts available.
- Shoot up to 56 minutes of TV-quality video with sound, or activate the ''photo every 2 seconds'' mode to capture exciting action sequence stills
- Adjustable sound recording levels optimize camera for high-vibration situations
- Five-megapixel sensor and wide angle 170 degree glass lens offer sharp images and smooth, clear video
- Compatible with Windows ME/2000/XP/Vista or Mac OS 9.1/10.2 and later; no driver required
- Supports up to 4GB SD card. Expandable up to 8GB SD with optional Firmware Upgrade. Free and Available Now!
- ''Always On'' mode lasts over three hours
- Sturdy, Waterproof/Crash proof camera housing protects camera up to 100 ft.
- Runs on two AAA batteries (sold separately)
- 1 year warranty
Recently updated camera features include:
- 170 degree wide angle lens & 5 MP Sensor
- Updated video, photo, sound and low light performance
- 40% smoother video up to 56 minutes
- Automatic Photo Every 2 seconds mode
- Inverted Video/Photo Save-Upright Mode
- Adjustable video-sound recording levels
- 5MP Go Pro Digital Hero Wide Video/Still Camera
- Waterproof/Crash proof, quick-release wide lens camera housing
- Flat surface adhesive mount
- USB/AV Combo Cable
|Resolution:||5 megapixel (2592x1944) photo, 512x384 video|
|Video Format:||MJPEG, 30 fps, saved as .AVI file|
|Optics (Lens):||glass lens, f/2.8 aperture, with ultra-wide 170º angle of view|
|Modes:||video, standard photo, photo every 2 or 5 secs, 3x photo burst sequence, self timer, upside down photo/video flip|
|Self Timer:||10 seconds|
|Microphone:||built-in with adjustable recording/input level|
|Audio Format:||8kHz, mono|
|Memory:||Memory: 16 MB internal, expandable to 4 GB with included SD Card, up to 8GB with free Firmware Upgrade. Available Now!|
|Capacity:||112 minutes video (incl. audio) or 3,980 photos with included 4 GB with SD Card. Double that with optional 8GB SDHC card—available with free Firmware Upgrade.|
|Power:||2 x AAA batteries (not Included). Lithium batteries highly recommended.
3 hours of video recording with lithium, 2hrs. with NiMH.
|TV Out:||NTSC or PAL through included RCA Cable|
|PC / MAC Connection||USB + RCA combo cable|
|PC / MAC Compatibility:||Windows ME, 2000, XP, and Vista; Mac OS X 10.2 and later|
|Waterproof:||rated to 100 feet/30 meters|
|Dimensions:||1.75" x 2.30" x 1.25"/4.45cm x 5.84cm x 3.18cm (H x W x D)|
|Weight:||4.9 oz / 139 g|
Using the GoPro camera to film different action sports.
Which CAM to use Review by Fourwheelin
For this CAMERA to only record up to 55 mins using a 5mb card......and I have a tube type CAMERA that records the same amount of time.....mounts to Helment, Handlebars and cost only $57 from Sam's Club. Which do you think I prefer???!!! (Posted on 1/23/10)
Didnt work Review by John
I got this cam for christmas. I brought it to the mountain snowboarding 4 times so far. Each time I had a different problem. First time, not the right type of batteries. Second time, Memory card was to big. Third time, another problem with the memory card. The last time (today) I had a great powder day (60cms of fresh snow) I was hoping to get some good videos but one run when I got to the bottom and checked it it had turned itself off. So I changed the batteries and tried again, I think it might have worked that time. Then I did another run and it wouldnt start the video, it would only take pictures. It was on the video mode and I tried all sorts of other modes. I just got home hoping to watch the 1 video that did work and I plug the camera into the computer and it wont turn on now. I plug the memory card into my printer and it says memory card error. I am not happy with this cam, Im going to take it back and try a different kind.
(Posted on 1/16/10)
Awful Camera, Great Kid Toy for the Young But Not For Adults Shooting For Memories Review by Jim2U
Be smart and stay away from the Hero gopro. The 170 degree wide angle even in HD will make things distorted and un-viewable. The firmware and user interface is something out of the 80s and reminds me of my old commodore 64.
The lcd screen is tiny and almost unreadable. Figuring out the standard recording setting you have to walk thru a plethora of menu options to get to it and set before you can start recording. Great sealed case, I would just leave it in the display case it comes in because it will waste your time and money. The pictures are so bad it is hard to recognize that your were really at "this place."
The best review I have read stated it is like looking thru the wrong end of binoculars when viewing your videos.
The only thing I can find good about the camera (it looks like an old style camera not designed for action ----> see the design of vholdr contourHD.) is the lexan fiberglass casing in case you crash. Actually, destroying....well returning the camera is the best thing you can do or else your memories will be un-viewable.
Please see my review for the ContourHD. (Posted on 10/5/09)