GoPro Surf HERO Wide
Waterproof to 100'/30m.
Get A Custom Surf Board Mount Camera
The Gopro Surf Hero was tested and approved by professional surfers worldwide for ease of use and durability. The Gopro Surf HERO is a revolutionary quick-release surf board-mountable camera so you can quickly clip on and off as needed.
Get the WIDEST Angle Sports Camera On the Market
Ultra wide angle lenses can capture more of your surroundings so you can see the wave curling over your head or giv you that fisheye look of surf videos.
Most regular digital cameras only give you a 60 to 75 degree viewing angle at the widest. The Gopro Surf Hero features a whopping 170º wide angle lens! The industry's widest angle lens and 5 megapixel sensor give you the most immersive point of view video and photos possible from a surf board mount sports camera, period.
The lens is so wide, it can capture a 6'2" surfer from head to toe while he/she is riding a 6'0" surfboard!
Hassle Free Mounting Options
The Surf HERO has two removable mounting options: A stick-on baseplate and an FCS compatible plug mounting system that allows you to allen-screw your camera into the deck of your board.
Either way, you can quickly and easily attach or remove the camera from your surfboard after installation.
Easy to Use, No Complicated Controls
You can't be messing with fussy controls when you're surfing so the camera is designed with a minimum of adjustments for maximum convenience. All you need to do is press the shutter and paddle out. The GoPro Surf Hero will take it from there, the Surf HERO will shoot TV resolution video or 5MP photos every 2 seconds for an hour while you surf.
Set It Then Forget It
Once it starts shooting you can forget about it until it's time to go over your shoot after your ride. Free Firmware Upgrade allows up to 4GB of video in a single file.
Use Your Surf Hero For Other Sports, Plenty Of Optional Mounts
Gopro has more mounting options than any other POV camera manufacturer. The Gopro Surf camera itself can easily be adapted for shooting other sports by purchasing alternative mounts. Gopro has a chest mount, handlebar mounts, roll bar mounts and extra straps and mounts.
GoPro Surf Hero, Tougher Than The Strongest Wave
All Gopro cameras come with a rugged shockproof and waterproof quick release polycarbonite housing that completely locks out dirt, sand and water so you can be confident about recording while catching waves on your favorite beach. The housing is certified waterproof up to 100 feet/30 meters.
New Improvements For 2009
The new gopro surf hero cameras comes with a host of improvements. The 5MP Surf HERO Wide camera has improved video, photo, audio, and low light performance. Tame the pounding waves. A brand new circuit design handles shocks better. Battery life has improved to 3 hours video record time with lithium ion batteries and 2 hours with nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries.
Best Value For A Waterproof Surf Cam
The Gopro Surf Hero is a great combination of value and features. The GoPro Surf Hero is small, lightweight, waterproof, wireless and easily mounts to surfboards or other water boarding equipment.
- Waterproof digital camera ideal for mounting on surfboards or other water craft for the ultimate hands-free experience.
- stick-on base plate and FCS compatible plug mounting system.
- Shoot up to 56 minutes of TV-quality video with sound, or activate the ''photo every 2 seconds'' mode to capture exciting action sequence stills
- Adjustable sound recording levels optimize camera for high-vibration situations
- Five-megapixel sensor and wide angle 170 degree glass lens offer sharp images and smooth, clear video
- Compatible with Windows ME/2000/XP/Vista or Mac OS 9.1/10.2 and later; no driver required
- Supports up to 4GB SD card. Expandable up to 8GB SD with optional Firmware Upgrade. Free and Available Now!
- ''Always On'' mode lasts over three hours
- Sturdy, polycarbonate waterproof housing protects camera to 100 ft.
- Runs on two AAA batteries (sold separately)
- System requirements: USB port / CD-ROM drive / Windows® Millennium Edition, 2000 Professional, XP Home Edition
- 1 year warranty
Recently updated camera features include:
- 170 degree wide angle lens & 5 MP Sensor
- Updated video, photo, sound and low light performance
- 40% smoother video up to 56 minutes
- Automatic Photo Every 2 seconds mode
- Inverted Video/Photo Save-Upright Mode
- Adjustable video-sound recording levels
- 5MP Go Pro Digital Hero Video/Still Camera
- Waterproof/Crash proof camera housing with wide lens
- stick-on base plate and FCS compatible plug mounting system (surf board mount).
- USB/RCA Combo Cable
|Resolution:||5 megapixel (2592x1944) photo, 512x384 video|
|Video Format:||MJPEG, 30 fps, saved as .AVI file|
|Optics (Lens):||glass lens, f/2.8 aperture, with ultra-wide 170º angle of view|
|Modes:||video, standard photo, photo every 2 or 5 secs, 3x photo burst sequence, self timer, upside down photo/video flip|
|Self Timer:||10 seconds|
|Microphone:||built-in with adjustable recording/input level|
|Audio Format:||8kHz, mono|
|Memory:||Memory: 16 MB internal, expandable to 4 GB with included SD Card, up to 8GB SDHC card (not included) via free Firmware Upgrade. Available Now!|
|Capacity:||112 minutes video (incl. audio) or 3,890 photos with the included 4 GB with SD Card. Double that with up to 3hr 44min video (incl. audio) with 8GB SDHC card. Just download and install the Free Firmware Upgrade. Available Now!|
|Power:||2 x AAA batteries (not Included). Lithium batteries highly recommended.
3 hours of video recording with lithium, 2hrs. with NiMH.
|TV Out:||NTSC or PAL through included RCA Cable|
|PC / MAC Connection||USB + RCA combo cable|
|PC / MAC Compatibility:||Windows ME, 2000, XP, and Vista; Mac OS X 10.2 and later|
|Waterproof:||rated to 100 feet/30 meters|
|Dimensions:||1.75" x 2.30" x 1.25"/4.45cm x 5.84cm x 3.18cm (H x W x D)|
|Weight:||4.9 oz / 139 g|
Killer POV action with John Florence filmed with a GoPro Surf Hero.
We Also Recommend
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
On Sale For: $299.99