The XSories Hooded Silicone Skin allows you to view the LCD BacPac even in sunny conditions, add protection to your underwater case as well as personalizing your GoPro to match your bike, car, surfboard, etc. You can also trim the hooded portion to your liking.
Compatible with all GoPro HD products using LCD BacPac. Available in 7 colors to choose from: Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Pink and Rasta.
- Keep your housing firmly closed. Reduce the risks of losing your camera due to damaged or faulty closing latch
- See what you are shooting in sunny conditions
- Matte-ify your camera so there are no reflections on the clear housing when it's being shot
- Choose the right color to hide the camera in any environment on your vehicle, surfboard, etc... .
- Choose a bright color to make sure you'll find your camera in any environment in case you lose it... protect your investment
- Many users have also reported that the Silicone Covers help to significantly improve battery life in cold conditions
Don't Let Your GoPro Camera GoNaked! Review by Mountain Guide
Recently I purchased the XSories Hooded Silicon Cover to integrate with the GoPro Hero2 camera w/ LCD Backpack.
I work as an off-road & snowmobile mountain guide & marketing manager, ski patrol member and R&D test rider for various product lines; so each and every day is another adventure waiting to be filmed... When I leave in the mornings, I always check for the basics: keys, wallet, phone, GoPro camera. These days, my GoPro unit doesn't leave the house unless the XSories Hood is on it.
The cover provides extra thermal protection & consequential extended battery life on my cold days in the snow; dust & impact protection from drops, rocks & machine vibration and best of all, I am able to view the LCD screen with ease in the brilliant sunshine we get all year long in the Nor Cal & Nev mountains.
The silicon material used in the making of this product is incredibly resilient to pulling, stretching and tearing. I does take a bit of a stretch to get it over the multiple angles and edges of the GoPro camera/LCD Backpack combination, but it always goes on and never rips! Keep in mind this does make it a slightly more laborious task of getting back in to change batteries, SD's and downloading. It also washes up easy in the sink with a little soap and water if you get down and dirty with your filming.
Another little side benefit is the how much of a conversation piece it has become; everyone asks what kind of camera it is, where do you get it, etc. etc. (don't worry guys, I send them directly to your pointofviewcameras.com site every time!) I opted for the Henry Ford black cover; it makes the whole set-up look super-stealth and high-end. Coupled with the GoPole Grenade Grip, this makes your GoPro HD a powerful tool to throw in your pack for the day and bring your adventures back home to the world!
Get it today, don't let your GoPro camera GoNaked anymore! (Posted on 5/13/12)