GoPro TroubleShooting Guide
Let us help you solve your problem quickly and easily in this Troubleshooting Guide for all Go Pro cameras.
1. The camera will not turn on…
- Make sure the batteries are inserted into the camera correctly.
- If you are using alkaline batteries, please try some Lithium or fully charged rechargeable NiMH batteries to see if you get better results.
- Try to power up without a memory card. Might need to remove the batteries and card, then reinsert batteries and try to power up.
- No luck? Please email us with details uing the contact form and we are more than happy to assist!
- Make sure you are using a standard SD memory card. 2GB or smaller.
- Check the memory card to make sure it is not locked.
- Make sure the card is not full.
- Check the memory card format if used in another device. Should be set to ‘FAT’ format.
- If you have one, try another memory card to see if the card is the problem.
- No luck? Please email us with details using the contact form and we are more than happy to assist!
- Well, do not be fooled…there should be sound.
- Are you using Windows Vista? Please contact us for a quick solution.
- Not using Vista, you should also contact us
- The problem could be related to the batteries, especially if using alkaline. Lithium batteries give us the best results and longest battery life. Rechargeable NiMH are good too and reusable which is nice.
- Is it cold out? Battery life can definitely be affected by the cold! Lithium definitely last the longest in the cold. Rechargeable NiMH batteries are slightly better than alkaline which expire very quickly in the cold.
- If the problem persists, please contact us.
- Try plugging the cable into the camera and computer with camera off.
- Make sure the USB cable connection is good on both ends.
- Then power up the camera and the computer should recognize the device.
- At this point best thing to do is email
us for help.
2. The camera will not work with a memory card…
3. There is NO SOUND when I playback the video…
4. The batteries do not last very long…
5. The computer won’t recognize the camera when I plug it in?