Liquid Image Explorer Series Digital Camera Swim Mask + 2GB Memory
- Product Review (submitted on January 4, 2009):
I purchased the liquid image mask for xmas for my 8yr old daughter and tried it today for the first time, after installing some memory. Overall it's well constructed and for what it's designed to do it does it well. The images were clear and easy to create, even for a first-time underwater shooter like myself.
Only a few minor gripes, largely through the eyes of someone wanting more from a surface mask:
1. The indicator light is not always visible or is hard to see underwater
2. The strap tends to loosen when putting the mask on
3. The mask tends to fog up more than normal (after applying saliva then rinsing)
4. I didn't see it anywhere in the instructions (and it may well be), but 3 quick audible beeps while pressing the record/shutter button indicates the memory is full
5. The video frame rate is a bit jerky (slow)
6. A CCD rather than CMOS would be more suited to underwater lighting conditions especially when shooting videos (and allows a higher frame rate)
7. The power and shutter/shoot buttons should be well separated, preferably with the power button on the left and shutter/shoot button on the right.
8. The built-in memory cannot be accessed if a memory card is installed
9. 5 metres is a little shallow, even for snorkeling, so you're often afraid to go to depths you normally would which is easy to forget, and thus you can feel quite limited. Can't wait to see the 35m model, though
Yes, the poor girl eventually got to use the mask!